So last time I posted some unfinished versions. Here are the finished versions!
This reindeer is done on some Pendleton wool of my mom's. I think it's from the 80s.
This is a darling Jessica Long design.
This is a lovely Emillie Ferris design!
This is a dragon I drew on my dorm wall freshman year. Knowing it would be painted over at the end of the year, I drew it in my book and then this year, I decided to embroider it. Then I made a square drawstring bag with it on it. I did a little quilting to frame the dragon. It's pretty subtle because it's white thread on white fabric, but I really like the effect. The exterior fabric is a shirt that my husband didn't want anymore.
This beautiful jellyfish was designed by the amazing Meg Zaniewski and available on Benzie here.
The incredible pear was designed by Brenda Sortwell. The design, which was in Stitch Magazine August/September 2023, was inspired by something I had never heard of- The Cheapside Hoard in England. It's an interesting read.
This adorable whale was designed by Marie Cardouat and Georgie Emery and in Love Embroidery magazine issue 12.
The following design (still unfinished- obvs!) is by embearoidery. She does advent stich-alongs, which this is one that I didn't do that way!!
Yumiko Higuchi has a monthly design that I'm thinking of doing for my friend, who gave me this book. 
This design is by Vika Prokofjeva and in Love Embroidery magazine in issue 66. 
This is my crazy quilt that I started a long time ago. I think I started in late 2022 or early 2023.
This is the backing It's fabric that is all connected to my mom. The center is a deconstructed apron my mom was given when we left Japan in the 70s. I embroidered the messages and made it the backing because of a cool quilt I saw by Arbie Williams and Irene Bankhead (1993).
I've also been doing some cartonnage... This one I did for my husband. The embroidery design by Ria Paramita in Love Embroidery.
As always I get kits from Claudia Squio of Colorway Arts.













No comments:
Post a Comment